Friday 2 August 2013

Interesting day.

Today, the day of interesting happenings. 

Wait a moment, I don't even know where that first sentence came from. I'll talk normally from now on. 

I had a meeting with two police officers, who are running a team course to volunteer and help people with a need. This could be absolutely anything, from helping the elderly to taking some local disabled children out for the day. 

As soon as we started talking about this project, I knew straight away that I wanted to help. It will also help me in confidence, and to get myself out of the house again. 

There's just one problem, I'm an hour and a half away. I have no problem in traveling to get there and I have no problem in helping others and I would really love to get involved. 

Even though it's voluntary, there is only a limited number of places that are available for people, because they can't have loads of people else there wouldn't be enough of things for everyone to do. 

I have my fingers crossed that I am one of the lucky ones that gets selected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment